In case of emergency
I got this sticker from Dog Wyld, our local dog boutique. It seems like a pretty good idea. But I wonder if firemen would really enter a burning house to save a pet. Has anyone had any experiences where a sticker like this worked?
Steven wouldn't let me stick it on the window because it did not include a checkbox for humans...namely, him.
May 16, 2005 | Permalink
If I saw that face in the window of a burning house I would risk my life to save her...Shelby is worth it!
Posted by: diaina | May 16, 2005 7:38:35 AM
I have seen that sticker on some apartments in my building -- we don't have one for our pug though. It's a good idea -- you never know what could happen, especially in an apt building!!
Posted by: Jess | May 16, 2005 8:31:17 AM
Shame on Steven!! Shelby would save his life!
Posted by: DeeDee | May 16, 2005 9:14:25 AM
Here in Los Angeles County, the Fire Department personnel are especially proud of their numerous Pet rescues--especially when they see a Pet Beware Sticker--so, Yes, these stickers do work! Our local television media can cite numerous pet rescues due to owners posting SIGNS of Pets. Please Post your notices for the sake of your Shelby and any other animals. We Love Shelby and her humans!!!
Posted by: Jade | May 16, 2005 11:46:22 AM
That's a really great idea. I wonder if the larger chain stores carry those stickers too. Has anyone spotted them at PetSmart?
Posted by: rebecca | May 16, 2005 12:16:54 PM
Those are neat, but you can get breed-specific ones at https://www.sundogsdecals.com/
I don't know how often fire departments save pets when they see these, but for $4, I think it's a reasonable gamble. You could always make and extra checkbox for Steven..
Posted by: Lisaberry | May 16, 2005 12:32:53 PM
i was advised by a local fire captain here that they will not risk the life of a fireman for an animal. Any animal, for me there is no option it's the three of us or none of us.
Posted by: cynthia | May 16, 2005 3:44:05 PM
They have these at our local PetSmart and were handing them out at the registers this weekend. I remember when I was little, that was the reason why my parents let my pug sleep in my bed. I was so afraid that if there was a fire, she'd be lost inside, which was just unbearable to me.
I decided to go ahead and put the sticker up, just in case the worst happens. We live in a townhouse, and the stairs are baby gated, so Jack might not be able to get out on his own.
Posted by: Caitlin | May 16, 2005 7:51:56 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.